”Art reduces anxiety”
It is official now but didn’t we all know this since long…
Science has now proven that only after doing 45 minutes of any art activity leads to reduction of stress related hormone cortisol. So by all means, let’s create art!
ART THERAPY !
Creating art is a therapy, a purging of challenging emotions. It also provides a distraction from stressful thoughts and experiences and is restorative. A plus- plus for our psychological and physical well-being! And then we have something more a lovely art piece to display and talk about and bring us some more joy.
Here are some great ideas to relieve stress. So gather you Fevicryl supplies and get going!
1. Make and Colour Mandalas – Mandalas are indeed therapeutic, a combination of circular design and patterns. They have been used since ages for healing. When we colour a mandala we are expressing our inner thoughts in form of colours and it leads to self-awakening and consciousness. Make mandalas on paper, canvases, plates, wood and more and colour them with bright and vibrant Fevicryl acrylic colours or neon colours and you will have a lovely piece of décor too.
2. Dotillism – Making myriad sizes of dots which lead to creation of a beautiful art is what dotillism is all about. The first practitioners of this art form were the aboriginals from Australia wherein they used dots to paint nature, rituals, ceremonies and symbols on their cave walls. A great way to relax and calm the nerves, dotillism has become very popular worldwide.
3. Fluid art– Fluid art is fun! A unique and proven way to foster well-being and have fun at the same time, fluid art is increasingly being used by Art therapists to promote healing. The colours flowing into one another and creating a matchless masterpiece is so satisfying. There are multiple ways in which one can create lovely fluid art using Fevicryl Acrylic Colours. Clink on the link to learn more about the techniques of making Fluid Art:
4. Doodling – Doodle we must as doodling brings our innate thoughts to the fore. A Harvard study says that, unlike the old belief, doodling promotes thinking and creativity. It also provides a much-needed reprieve to an overheated brain. It is the gap between focus and un-focus. So doodle on! We have just the product to make some terrific doodle art – the quintessential Fevicryl 3D outliners. These little magical tubes are just perfect to doodle on the go, on just about any substrate, be it a diary or a bag or a bottle.
5. Just Art – And lastly be it a 2-year-old child or a 80 year old adult, art is something which is very intrinsic and personal. It is a great anxiety relieving tool and is meditative. It may be something as small as a doodle on the margin of the page or more elaborate like a canvas painting, art helps you reach the state of flow which helps in improving self-esteem and leads to self-discovery too. Clay Modelling, painting, sculpting, paper crafting, sketching, embroidery or practicing any form of art is an ideal medication for many a ills that plague us in this century.