Liquitex Acrylic Colours Basics
- Liquitex Basics gives you the perfect balance of quality and economy. Made for all artists, Basics acrylics are formulated with the exacting Liquitex standard. Which means they're made with the same lightfast, fine art pigments we use in our professional range, but just a lighter load
- All Liquitex paints use the highest quality pigments and go through the same rigorous manufacturing process. The only difference is that with Basics we use a lower concentration of pigment than our professional paints. For Basics, fine art pigments are selected and milled using the latest basket bead-mill technology, in the same way as Soft and Heavy Body Acrylics. Pigments are ground with tiny reinforced ceramic beads to give fine dispersion, great color development, strength and brightness, before being added to the acrylic emulsion.
- Push your budget harder with Basics. Use on their own or combine together with professional materials – if they’re made by Liquitex, they’re all intermixable. Perfect for everyday use, for sketching out preliminary ideas, for underpainting before laying down your final paint application and for covering large areas.
- Basics acrylics are safe for you to use. All colors are independently tested by the Art and Creative Materials Institute at Duke University, and hold the Approved Product (AP) safety seal. This means they are certified to contain no materials in sufficient quantities to be toxic or harmful to humans or to cause health problems, making them ideal for studio and educational use.
Use Basics on:
- paper & board
- wood & masonry
- stone & ceramics
- Your work has a life beyond you. As with all Liquitex paints, the pigments in Basics acrylic have passed extensive tests for lightfastness. The advanced acrylic formula is highly flexible, durable, non-yellowing and UV-resistant. Your work will have the greatest archival permanence possible, withstanding color shifting or fading to stay vibrant and true.